Inflammation can be beneficial or harmful to our bodies, it is also a vital part of our immune response.
What commonly causes Chronic Inflammation?
- An inflammatory diet
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Chronic stress
- Poor sleep habits
- Environmental toxins
- Chronic infections
Do you have any of these signs of inflammation?
- Brain Fog
- Low Mood
- Poor Sleep
If so, don't worry, many of these factors are related to diet and lifestyle. Once understood, they can be addressed.
Chronically inflaming the digestive tract is one of the most common factors seen in people with autoimmune diseases. As gut inflammation leads to leaky gut, unrecognizable, undigested food particles slip into the blood stream and confuse the immune system, causing massive inflammation.
Below are 3 recommended steps to a healing diet.
- Reduce consumption of sugar and grains
- Get rid of bad fat and add in more good fat (coconut oil, grass-fed butter, MCT oils (medium chain triglycerides), olive oils, hemp oils, avocado oils and flax seed Oils. Other great fat sources include coconut milk, avocados, nuts and seeds (if tolerated)
- Change the meat that you eat to free range or organic meats.
Examples of “Good” Anti-Inflammatory nutrition to embrace.
Examples of “Bad” Pro-Inflammatory Foods to avoid.
BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCES
How would I know if I have a Blood Sugar Imbalance?
Read the signs! Blood sugar control is not just for those with Diabetes, its one of the most overlooked building blocks to a sustainable healthy lifestyle. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Weight Gain
- Brain Fog
- Unstable Energy Levels
- Sudden Intense Hunger
These symptoms are commonly a result of consuming too many carbohydrates and sugar throughout the day. Ask you doctor for Blood Sugar Level tests, arm yourself with this knowledge and take control to reach a balanced Blood Sugar Level.
LEAKY GUT SYNDROME
What is leaky gut syndrome?
Our digestive system has a natural ecosystem commonly known as “Gut Flora”. A healthy gut works like a cheese cloth, allowing nutrients through and keeping larger food particles, pathogenic bacteria, yeast, and parasites out of the blood stream. In leaky gut, the intestinal wall becomes more permeable and undigested food particles and pathogens can get through which activate the immune system, causing inflammation and food sensitivities.
What is Chronic Stress?
Most of us have experienced acute stress at some stage in our lives (A dramatic physiological and psychological reaction to a specific event). Chronic stress, on the other hand, is a different beast. It’s a prolonged and consistent sense of pressure and feeling overwhelmed. Chronic Stress slowly drains a person’s psychological resources and damages their bodies.
Yes, that’s me, so how can I overcome this?
Basically, it’s a focus on stress reduction. Following are some stress management recommendations.
- Eating Healthy Foods
- Learning time management techniques
- Setting realistic goals
- Getting good quality sleep
- Making time for leisure activities
- Building stress reduction skills
- Learning and practicing mindfulness (Leaning to control attention)
- Dietary supplements- B vitamins and herbs
Chronic stress causes rampant increases in inflammatory biomarkers called cytokines. If we don’t do anything to control our stress, then this cytokine activity can be highly damaging over time. Chronically elevated pro-inflammatory cytokine markers are especially bad for the immune system, opening the doors to opportunistic infections and increasing our chances of coming down with an illness. One of the best ways to counteract the stressors of daily life is getting the best sleep possible. Sleep allows your brain to detox and your body to repair.
POOR SLEEP HABITS
If healthy sleep lasts around 8 hours, then unhealthy sleep is anything longer or shorter. Cutting sleeping time short can prevent the body from doing its housekeeping. Oversleeping can cause fatigue during the day and staying awake at night. Short term these issues aren’t dangerous, however, long term, these habits can quickly affect your health.
Toxins that weaken our immune system are all around us. They are in our air, hiding in our homes as mould or hiding in our foods as pesticides, herbicides, hormones, and antibiotics. Tap water, plastic packaging, dental fillings, body, beauty, cleaning products, clothing etc, the list seems endless.
What is a chronic infection?
Unlike acute infections such as a cold or stomach bug which have a defined beginning and end, Chronic infection can stay hidden from our immune system and persist for years. Overtime our health diminishes.
Some typical symptoms may include:
- Post-nasal drip related to a chronic sinus condition
- Dizziness and/or slight hearing impairment related to a chronic ear infection
- Sensitive tooth, itchy areas of the body or hoarseness related to a chronic bronchial or other respiratory infection.
CONDITIONS INFLUENCED BY INFLAMMATION:
Something that is very critical to understand about inflammation is that it can affect the energetic output of the mitochondria cells in our body. These cells are what make almost all the energy that our body uses to perform daily processes. When inflammation inhibits mitochondrial energy output your body is immediately at a higher risk of any disease. Inflammation is almost always a factor in some of the top chronic diseases, such as:
- Leaky Gut
- Heart Disease
- Liver Disease
- Neurodegenerative Diseases (such as Alzheimer’s disease and other memory disorders, Parkinson’s disease)
- Behavioural Changes
Why reducing inflammation is so important?
By addressing inflammation, the body has a much better ability to communicate and heal itself. Because the body relies so heavily on complex communication processes to maintain health, every step must be taken to ensure those communication processes are running uninhibited.
5 WAYS TO REDUCE INFLAMMATION QUICKLY?
Hydrating effectively is one of the key strategies to make sure the body can effectively detox.
The most important electrolytes used in our bodies are: Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Bicarbonate. These minerals are essential nutrients for our bodies, because they help with hydration, keep the pH balance in our bodies stable and regulate muscle and nerve functions. CMD Concentrated mineral drops and Elite Electrolytes may also help with hydration. Taking both CMB and Elite can be highly beneficial.
Keep things moving! This applies to just about every organ system including:
- Urinary tract
- Sweat glands
- Circulatory system
Keeping these systems flowing is what keeps them healthy. When we become stagnant in any of these areas, problems arise and often result in inflammation. Daily exercise is a powerful strategy for “Keeping things moving”.
Eat an anti-inflammatory diet - mentioned earlier
Reduce stress and improve sleep - mentioned earlier
Marshall's Health and Natural Therapy experts recommend the use of these key nutrients to support a healthy inflammatory process!
Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the most foundational supplements for mitigating inflammation. Most people today are consuming highly processed diets that are high in Omega-6 fats and deficient in Omega-3 fats. This imbalance alone contributes to higher levels of inflammation as Omega-6 fats are involved in the eicosanoid pathway (responsible for producing inflammation). Aim to reduce the consumption of Omega-6 fats and boost your intake of Omega-3 fats. Eat more of these Omega-3 fat rich food (sardines, Omega-3 eggs, walnuts, salmon, flax seed oils, Hemp Seed Oils, grass-fed meats to balance your Omega 6:3 levels and reduce inflammation in your body.
If you are not getting enough Omega-3 from your food, then we recommend some of the best quality products on the market. [Click the image to shop online].
- Wild caught. Pure. No fishy aftertaste. Certified sustainable.
- Molecular distillation- removes impurities and environmental toxins ( like heavy metals, such as mercury, PCBs, and dioxins) Each batch is tested by a third-party certified lab for environmental toxins.
- The recommended fish oils are in the natural triglyceride form and surpass the strictest international standards for purity and freshness and are approx. 3 time more beneficial. Lesser quality fish oils can be highly processed and are not in in the natural triglyceride form, therefore not as effective.
- High-intensity Omega-3- shown to support a healthy heart, brain health, optimal wellness and reduces inflammation.
- Produced under the highest quality standard (cGMP).
- Each batch is tested for purity ensuring no heavy metals or pollutants are present.
- Fish are wild caught in Alaska and certified from a sustainable source.
- Contains high potency concentrations of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)
- Reduces inflammation.
- GMO Free
Curcumin is one of the most comprehensively studied anti-inflammatory compounds. Derived from the Indian root spice, turmeric, this compound has tremendous healing potential in many areas of disease which may have a lot to do with its ability to mitigate inflammation.
The molecule nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kB) is the master molecule of inflammation and can be linked to nearly every chronic disease. Curcumin is an effective NF-kB inhibitor and shuts down our body’s inflammation. Curcumin may support healthy joints and mobility as well as a healthy response to inflammation and treat pain.
- Proven to deliver up to seven times more free and bioactive curcumin into the bloodstream than regular curcumin extracts.
- Remains active in the body for over eight hours.
- May help relieve symptoms related to inflammation and support joint health.
- 60 published studies, making it the most studied curcumin extract in the world.
Boswellia is also known as Indian frankincense and offers powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. According to a 2019 trial published in Phytotherapy Research, boswellia extract can be helpful in the management of knee pain. A 2020 systematic review and meta-analysis published in BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies, has also found that boswellia can have anti-inflammatory benefits for chronic joint pain. Boswellia supports joint mobility, reduces inflammation and pain.
Magnesium is the great all-rounder by supporting:
- Quality Sleep
- Energy Production
- Healthy Nervous System (Stress)
- Muscles Function
- Cardiovascular Health
- Health Bones
Biosphere Magnesium combines three types of magnesium to create the ideal dose with optimal absorption. The most bioavailable type of magnesium supplements are those that dissolve well into liquid, allowing the magnesium to be completely absorbed into the gut. Each serving contains 400mg of elemental magnesium, a therapeutic dose to help push people into optimal levels of magnesium supporting overall health and wellness.
GPx Immune Protect:
The ultimate supplement for specific immune protection. Ideal for chronic inflammation, infection prevention and recovery.